Sunday, November 16, 2008

Die-cut "JOY" Card...In Transition


"Why aren't we making that!?!" Is the comment I got when I showed this to the Stamp-A-Stack participants. Umm....."I couldn't simplify it for reproduction or explain it very well?" Sigh....you see I am visual learner and writing the directions for my classes is the toughest job for me. I try so hard to make things easy for everyone and having the directions is a must. BUT....it is a pain! I just could not explain this one [the second card, not the first], because, while very beautiful, the measurements for a regular 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card just don't quite fit the Pennant Die. So, there is bit of finagling and THAT was the difficult part to explain. I can show you, but that did not fly for the Stamp-A-Stack. That and my brain stopped working after a while what with writing up directions for TEN cards! Oh and the S-A-S cards needed to be easy to replicate and fairly quick, since everyone was making ten DIFFERENT cards. So, I ended up with several versions until I ended up with a simplified EXPLAINABLE version that is a little bit like the first.
Here are the others. You can see my transition to the final version, which is the last "JOY" card with the peek-a-boo snowmen. The third card almost was the one we did, but my dear fabulous husband crinkled his nose at the colors. I told him that it was the one and I liked it, but the next morning my nose crinkled....Sigh....I went back to the drawing board. But, not empty handed. He did like the peek-a-boo snowmen and actually came up with the idea for them to be on the INSIDE of the card! Thanks, Tup!


FINAL VERSION PROJECT SUPPLIES
....[I can post the other ingredients if anyone is interested. Just leave a comment and I will write them up! Thanks! :-)]

JOY Snowman Card
Stamp Sets:
Snow Swirled (#111690, p.32, $24.95)
Holiday Lineup (#111648, p.36, $21.95)
Inks:
Classic Stampin’ Pad®, Kiwi Kiss (#111835, p.162, $5.25)
Classic Stampin’ Pad®, Riding Hood Red (#111836, p.162, $5.25)
Classic Stampin’ Pad®, Baja Breeze (#111833, p.162, $5.25)
Classic Stampin’ Pad®, Close To Cocoa (#103139, p.164, $5.25)
Paper:
Riding Hood Red Card Stock, 3” x 3”, (#111353, p.162, $5.50)
Kraft Card Stock, 4 ¼” x 5 ½”, (#102125, p.166, $7.50)
Very Vanilla Card Stock, 5½”x 11” (#101650, p.163, $7.50)
Very Vanilla Envelope, Medium (#107300, p.167, $6.50)
Accessories:
Wide Oval Punch (#112082, p.188, $15.95)
Sizzix Originals™ Die, Join in the Cheer Decorative Strip Die (#113452, p.29 Mini, $21.95)
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (#113439, p.27 Mini, $99.95)
Grosgrain Ribbon, 1¼” Riding Hood Red/Very Vanilla (#113099, p.23 Mini, $8.95)

Comments: Fold the Very Vanilla CS in half. Tie a knot in the Red Riding Hood Grosgrain Ribbon and adhere to Kraft CS with SNAIL by tucking the ribbon over the edges and SNAILing to the back of Kraft CS. Adhere Kraft CS to card front. Line up and punch an oval with the Wide Oval Punch [All the way in and ½” from the right hand side. Use two hands…this may be tough]. Open your card and stamp snowflakes around oval: Large - Baja Breeze Ink, medium - Kiwi Kiss Ink, small - Riding Hood Red. Die cut “JOY” with the Big Shot and adhere with SNAIL. [See directions at Big Shot station.] Adhere “JOY” with SNAIL to bottom left of card. Lightly trace the oval “window” with a pencil. Open the card, line up the snowmen over the traced oval, and stamp with Close To Cocoa Ink.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails