Saturday, December 6, 2008

3-D Fish Tank Fun

For the past week my daughter has been asking, nagging, begging me to make her a fish tank. "Just like the one we saw, Mom. You know the one. Pleeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssssssssssse!" Oh my, how can I resist? My daughter begging to stamp with me!?! Only, I kept stalling. I could not quite figure out how I wanted to go about it to make it just right.

Today, I told her this morning was the time to finally do it. My only problem is that when I am creating on the fly [without a template or picture to copy] I need quiet....no music, no kids, no phone. [That is why I generally do my best work at 11pm!] However, today is a family Saturday...a pajama day....a day that we have not had in a long time, so to shoooo everyone away was not an option. So, "E" stamped and created a variety of items [fish food] for her fish tank, while I created the tank itself. With my husband's music blaring from the stereo and "Mommy, why are you doing that?" "Mommy, what is that for?" "Mommy, can I help?" Sigh..."yes, of course.", it took 2-1/2 hours for us to finalize it, but here is the final creation.

I know it may seem that I am complaining, but I do not intend to do so. I am blessed with my family and I love them so much! I love to stamp with "E", but for some reason this morning I was all stressed about it. Sigh....good memories, right? I hope this creation lasts a long time for her to enjoy. My fabulous husband thought it was "very cool." Phew!

  • The window is made with a Large Cello bag, hair gel & glitter. I didn't have an zip-loc bags big enough, so I SNAILed and Sticky Taped it shut REALLY tight to make sure we didn't have a leak in the fish tank. The "water" is layered between the outside Tempting turquoise layer and the inside Whisper White front layer with TONS of Sticky Tape. Great stuff!
  • Next time, I think I might add some fish inside with the "water." That way there are some that float around!
  • This is a free standing 3-D project, so that "E" can feed the fish!
Project Supplies:
Life's A Breeze Stamp Set
Something Fishy Jumbo Wheel
Brilliant Blue Ink, CS & Jumbo Wheel Cartridge
Tempting Turquoise CS
Whisper White CS
Pink Passion Ink
Only Orange Ink
YoYo Yellow Ink
Garden Green Ink & CS
Stampin' Pastels
Sponge Daubers
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Jumbo Wheel Handle
Coluzzle Cutting System
Hobby Blade
Cutting Mat
Large Cello Bag
Sticky Tape
SNAIL Adhesive
Mini Glue Dots
Paper Snips
Hair Gel

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails