Saturday, September 20, 2008

Scalloped Envelope Big Shot Box


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new BIG SHOT MACHINE! Especially, Stampin' Ups! exclusive dies. This project uses the brand new Scalloped Envelope Bigz Die and is the template for the lovely scalloped top. Just die-cut four of them in the color of your choosing, fold on the score lines and adhere together using Sticky Tape! [I found the idea for this CUTE little box on http://www.spiltcoaststampers.com/ and adapted it to my tastes. What do you think? The idea came from Whoopsie Daisy and also Tara Kieninger. Check out their creations by clicking each name.]


I just LOVE that site and use tons of ideas from there. Now you know one of my secrets...shhh...don't tell ;-).....

I changed the top a bit by making a Scalloped Tab to close it. How? The DSP comes with a 12 x 12 card board backing. I SNAILed my DSP to that and then punched it out with the Scalloped Circle Punch! Then, I used my Paper Snips to cut a slit just to the center of each scallop. Wrapping the Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon around the bottom of the box, I then attached the ribbon to the underside of each scallop. Adhere your bow slightly above the slit and then put your scallops together to have the appearance of one scallop ! Done!
Project Supplies:
Think Happy Thoughts Stamp Set
Bella Rose Designer Series Paper [DSP]
Basic Gray CS & Ink
Whisper White CS
Pink Pirouette Ink
Rhinestone Brads - Fire
Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon
1/16" Circle Punch
1-3/8" Circle Punch
Scalloped Circle Punch
SNAIL
Sticky Tape
Big Shot Machine
Scalloped Envelope Bigz Die

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails