Monday, November 16, 2009

Simple Cardinal Christmas, Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder & Shimmer Spray


Hi Stampers -- I have as of late been obsessed with the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder from the 2009 Holiday Mini Catalog on page 21.  It is what makes those fun little poinsetta flowers around the image of my cardinal.  Oh....so....fun!  I have seen many takes on how obtain the oval void in the card front.  I made an oval template out of my husband's disgarded comic book backboards.  It took a while to cut, and, though I am pleased with my inginuity, I decided that it was not the best way to get this look.  My favorite tutorial on this technique is done by Patty Bennett.  She does it with a thin wooden template.  Go check it out!  I went out and bought my own for $1.19!  Big spender...I know!

Another favorite new "toy" is Shimmer Paint!  Oh my...if you haven't tried this fabulous new bling for your creations, you don't know what you are missing!  Shimmery is the key word.  LOVE IT!  At the Portland, Maine SU! Regional, I saw Shimmer Spray for the first time.  One of the demonstrators had done this technique on her cards, and I just fell in love with it!  She was kind enough to give me a quick rundown on how to acheive this SHIMMERY look.  [I know it is hard to see on the card, but trust me it is there!]

HOW TO MAKE SHIMMER SPRAY

  • Simply take Hydrogen Peroxide and a small spray bottle. 


  • Fill the spray bottle with the Hydrogen Peroxide.


  • Dip the sprayer tube in the Shimmer Paint and then into the peroxide 5 or 6 times until the peroxide is shimmery.


  • Spray your cardstock and let dry for 5-10 minutes.  DONE!

Stampin' Supplies
Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
Soft Suede Cardstock
Sahara Sand Cardstock
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Basic Black Ink
Real Red Ink
Modern Label Punch
Word Window Punch
Big Shot Die Cut Machine
Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder

Shimmer Spray
2-Way Glue
Fine Cosmo Glitter - Red

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails