Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wild About You Lion Card

What better way to send a sentiment than "Wild About You". I adore this set. It is great for kids, but also the kid at heart.
During ski season at the condo up north, my niece was visiting and itching to stamp. She couldn't wait for me to finish putting the kids to bed, so that I could create something with the colors, sets and ribbon she requested. She chose a similar card layout from one of my other samples and I came up with this card on the fly.
As they say...wicked cute! She loved it! She is a natural, by the way. I loved watching her modify what I made to make it her own. If I remember correctly she changed up the colors of the bird and the sentiment a bit. Then she personalized the inside with stamping and a note for her dad! How sweet!
Tips:
  • Tear your 2-1/2" x 5" piece toward so you will end up with the torn paper facing up.
  • To get the "sandy" look, lay your Creamy Caramel CS on Grid Paper and take your Creamy Caramel Ink Pad. Apply it directly to the CS to get that speckled look. The more you do, the darker it will be. Then rub the ink pad along the edge to accent it. Voila! Sand!
  • Color your lion stamp with the Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip Markers. Fill in his nose, eyes, toes and tail AFTER you stamp him onto your CS.
  • Color your bird stamp with Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip. Edge around his wing with Creamy Caramel. The journaling tip works great for this!
Project Supplies:
Wild About You Stamp Set
Pumpkin Pie CS & Marker
Chocolate Chip CS, Ink & Marker
Whisper White CS
Creamy Caramel CS, Ink & Marker
Summer Sun Marker
Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails